Special Event FAQs
Thank you for your interest in Mad Science Special Events! Here are the answers to some of the questions you may have:
- Q. What types of special events do you have?
- A. At Mad Science, our special events can fit any type of event that you are hosting. For example, our special events can take the form of shows, science days and fairs, and science booths.
- Q. How many children can an event accommodate?
- A. A Mad Science show can accommodate between 40 and 500 children at a time. On average, our booths can accomodate between 80 and 100 children per hour. We can customize our events to the size of your venue and to your budget.
- Q. How long does a show last?
- A. Our shows run in 30 minute, 45 minute and 60 minute formats and booths are generally booked in 1 hour blocks. Science days, fairs and booths can be packaged as full day events. Ask us for customized pricing.
- Q. What kind of space is best suited to a Mad Science Special Event?
- A. An ideal event location would be an area with an open space for the children to sit on the floor. Mad Science special events generally work best when held indoors. However, they can be performed outdoors, weather permitting, where shelter from the wind can be provided.
- Q. Do we need to provide Mad Science with any equipment?
- A. For each scheduled show and activity station, we will require an 6-foot long banquet-style table to place our equipment on. Depending on the show you select, we may need access to an electrical outlet, access to a sink and/or water along with a sink to rinse out and clean our glassware and other equipment after the event.
- Q. Will we require additional staff for clean-up after the event?
- A. No, our events are mess and hassle free! We clean-up after ourselves when we’re finished. The Mad Scientist will need about 30 minutes after the event for packing and cleaning-up .
- Q. How long in advance should I begin to plan for a Mad Science event?
- A. As soon as possible! Mad Science special events are in great demand; we suggest that you book your date as soon as possible.
- Q. How do I book a Special Event?
- A. Please call us at 519-472-8002 or simply fill out our online request form and someone will contact you by the end of the next business day.
And finally…BE PREPARED TO HAVE FUN AND LEARN ABOUT SCIENCE!